Serious About Sport
Our Sports Academy is second to none! Our reputation is outstanding. Here at Yeovil College, we are committed to providing the very best in sports education, enabling our learners to reach the very highest levels of sporting excellence.
If football is your specialism, then you’ll be pleased to know that we are linked to Yeovil Town Football Club through our Elite Player Development Programme (EPDP).
With state-of-the-art equipment, a dedicated strength and conditioning gym and two coach-led conditioning sessions per week, you will train alongside sports professionals in a specialised environment.
Many of our talented elite players have gone on to represent their country internationally at the very highest level.
Sports Academy benefits
- Up to 10 hours of professional coaching and competitive matches every week;
- Use of our gym facilities at massively discounted prices;
- Progression routes and links with various clubs and teams;
- Opportunities to gain coaching and officiating qualifications;
- Access to a wide range of volunteering experiences through our Sports Ambassador programme.
- Footballer Jordan Storey featured in the England Colleges squad before going on to sign a professional contract with Exeter City FC. Storey later joined Preston North End in June 2018;
- Joe Tomlinson, formerly a YTFC Scholar at Yeovil College, joined Brighton & Hove Albion in 2018;
- Kingsley Latham joined Southampton Football Club;
- Callum Morton signed a professional contract with West Bromwich Albion Football Club;
- Adam Harris won a Bronze medal in the 2016 AoC National Golf competition;
- John Byrne won gold in the South West AoC Regional men’s fly and front crawl swimming competitions;
- Lily Kitto competed in the AoC Colleges National Ladies Hockey team;
- Former rugby student Jake Woolmore turned professional with Exeter Chiefs and has recently signed for Bristol Rugby;
- Ben Lloyd won the AoC Sport Regional South West Cross Country gold medal before going on to captain the South West team in 2018;
- Our mens rugby team won the Category 2 South West League in 2017/18;
- Our EPDP won the Category 2 Football League in 2018 and now play top level College football in Category 1.