Serious About Sport
Our Sports Academy is second to none! Our reputation is outstanding. Here at Yeovil College, we are committed to providing the very best in sports education, enabling our learners to reach the very highest levels of sporting excellence.
If football is your specialism, then you’ll be pleased to know that we are linked to Yeovil Town Football Club through our Elite Player Development Programme (EPDP) and benefit from their first team and management support. Many of our talented elite players have gone on to represent their country internationally at the very highest level.
With state-of-the-art equipment, a dedicated strength and conditioning gym and two coach-led conditioning sessions per week, you will train alongside sports professionals in a specialised environment. You will be actively encouraged to join our Sports Academy during your dedicated enrichment periods.
Sports Academy benefits
- Up to 8 hours of professional coaching and competitive matches every week;
- Use of our gym facilities for only £20 per year;
- Progression routes and links with various clubs and teams;
- Opportunities to gain coaching and officiating qualifications;
- Access to a wide range of volunteering experiences through our Sports Ambassador programme;
- Dedicated time to train.
- Footballer Ollie Haste represented England Colleges FA in 2022;
- Multiple Elite Player Development Programme Footballers represented Yeovil Town Football Club First Team in Somerset Cup matches in 2021/22;
- Elite Player Development Programme Footballers won the 2021/22 AoC Sport South West Regional Competition, qualifying for the AoC Sport National Championship in 2022;
- Former Yeovil College student, Alfie Lloyd signed a professional footballing contract with QPR in 2021;
- Footballer Jordan Storey represented England Colleges FA before going on to sign a professional contract with Exeter City FC. Storey later joined Preston North End in June 2018;
- Former Yeovil College student, Devon Arnold became the youngest ever player to represent Yeovil Town Football Club at the age of 17 years and 38 days and then had a trial with Manchester United Football Club
- Callum Morton signed a professional contract with West Bromwich Albion Football Club, recently signed for Peterborough United Football Club;
- Alex Elwick won a Silver medal in the 2018 AoC National Golf competition;
- Reuben Biggs won a team Silver medal in the 2018 AoC National Badminton competition;
- Former rugby student Jake Woolmore turned professional with Exeter Chiefs and has recently signed for Bristol Rugby;
- Ben Lloyd won the AoC Sport Regional South West Cross Country gold medal before going on to captain the South West team in 2018;
- Basketball player Christian Alexander moved to play in the USA in 2018, before gaining a NCAA Division 1 Scholarship at Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina in 2020;