Learning Resource Centre
We are extremely lucky to have such a large and welcoming library at Yeovil College who support our students at all levels of their studies and career journeys. There are over 20,000 books, e-books and journals available; as well as an exceptional range from our online databases for you to access both in College and whilst you are studying independently off campus.
The Learning Resource Centre has plenty of study desks with full WiFi access and staff are available to help and support students with research support, IT support and printing. We have appropriate space to connect your own devices as well as a bank of laptops which can be borrowed.
Our Learning Resource Assistants are a helpful and extremely knowledgeable first point of contact for students looking for supporting resources for assignments and dissertations. You’ll love getting to know the team.
Students from our University Centre, studying higher level qualifications, are also supported within the large quiet study area within their dedicated building on campus. The University Centre is staffed during term time and has desktop computers, space for ‘bring your own device’ connectivity and large group work pods.
This is conveniently located within our dedicated University Centre and is a quiet and relaxed environment for independent study.
Overall, it is a comfortable area to complete work, assignments and research.
We support in many ways:
- Helping students find and use library resources, both hard copy and electronic;
- Delivery of sessions from the tutorial programme to develop sound information and research skills, including searching the library catalogue, using e-books, referencing and database searching;
- Finding and adding suitable resources to Moodle, Yeovil College’s Virtual Learning Environment;
- Ensuring reading list requirements are met and remain relevant and current;
- Identifying, highlighting and purchasing a variety of suitable resources in a variety of media to support the range of courses offered.
Our opening times during term time:
Follow us on twitter @YC_Reading