Careers Support for Adults
Whether you are taking your first steps into a new career or you’re working towards a promotion, we are committed to ensuring you’re ready for the workplace by the time you complete your course.
Students from our University Centre, professional programmes and adult education short qualifications will benefit from careers information, advice and advice delivered by our careers team. Students will also benefit from a thorough induction programme, which not only covers careers, but also offers tutorials, academic support, personal support and progression.
Careers Education, Information and Guidance
We provide supportive, expert advice to help you decide what your progression and development plans are and help you to get there. As a member of our student community, you will benefit from:
- A careers introduction and the opportunity to receive 1-1 independent advice and guidance from a Level 6 qualified Careers Advisor.
- Information about next steps, including university pathways, further education and extended higher skills qualifications.
- Access to tools and resources to support your career journey.
- Access to apprenticeship vacancies and employment opportunities.
- Employability skills.
You may benefit from:
- Guest lecturers, speakers and master classes;
- Work and industrial placements to support your career journey;
- Exciting industry-specific visitors and guests;
- The opportunity to become a member of a relevant professional awarding body;
- The option to complete additional professional qualifications;
- Industry experienced lecturers;
- University partnerships;
- A fast-track, part-time qualification enabling swift completion;
- Qualification-appropriate field trips;
- The opportunity to exhibit and showcase work;
- Real-work projects and assessments;
- Development of employability skills.
To find out more, visit our Careers Hub.