Our huge range of vocational programmes are developed with the support of our business community.
A vocational qualification is a practical study programme that relates to a specific job role or industry. At Yeovil College you will study one vocational qualification across two or more years, depending on the level of study. Your study programme will include a blend of theory and practical sessions, to give you both the knowledge and skills to enter the industry or role. The assessment process depends specifically on the course, some may be assessed through course work and project-based assessment, but others may incorporate an exam-based assessment.
Our huge range of vocational programmes, developed with the support of our business community, provide a clear line of sight to the most important roles within our local economy, opening doors to life changing opportunities for our students.
We are clear in our purpose; our programmes take our students straight to the prestigious universities, employment and apprenticeships, which accelerate careers and change lives.
Our amazing work experience programme and industry placements provide our students with real life opportunities to apply the skills and knowledge that they learn during their study programmes, and are a unique part of the Yeovil College experience.
Vocational qualifications are MASSIVE at Yeovil College. When you choose ‘vocational’ with us, get ready to experience:
- Choice: We offer a wide range of options spanning from level 1 to 3, across every possible career pathway.
- Innovative Learning Spaces: You will have the opportunity to practice, enhance skills, hone your knowledge and develop work behaviours in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Unrivalled Investment: We are creating, reshaping and redesigning a brand-new Yeovil College, with an investment of around £50m+ in total. Students will benefit from extraordinary learning spaces and the most recent technology.
- Employer Support: Our employer partners are a significant part of your experience, they will teach and support you and they will help us to design a qualification that is relevant to their industries, which provides you with the best opportunities beyond college.
- Inspiring Industry Placements: Our relevant and substantial work and industry placements, which take place at prestigious local businesses, will significantly enhance your career, next steps, university aspirations and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Industry Expert Lecturers: We pride ourselves in employing only the very greatest and most committed teachers, who are all experts within their individual specialisms. You can explore our wide range of vocational courses here.
You can find out more about course levels here, or click on the levels below for a short overview.
Level 3 qualifications are valuable and recognised qualifications, equivalent to three A Levels. They are taught over a two year period at Yeovil College.
Level 2 qualifications are one year programmes, designed to give students additional time to achieve their GCSE English and/or Maths. Students will naturally progress to a Level 3 qualification, into employment or onto an Apprenticeship.
Level 1/Year 1 qualifications are designed to provide core skills which enable students to progress to the next, often more technical stage, in trades such as Construction and Engineering where high levels of work experience and practical exposure feature within the qualification. Students will use Level 1 qualifications as a basis for progression through the levels to achieve technical competency, or to an apprenticeship.