Drivers Code of Conduct
- Ensure you wear your Identification Badge at all times.
- Remember you are representing yourself and Yeovil College.
- Maintain a courteous and professional relationship, be polite at all times.
- Treat all passengers equally and fairly.
- Avoid any unnecessary physical contact.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, unless information received may be detrimental to a passenger’s health or wellbeing, report any concerns to the Operations Manager at South West Coaches as soon as possible.
- Report any concerns about a passenger’s behaviour towards you to the Operations Manager at South West Coaches as soon as possible.
- Remember that your actions, no matter how well-intentioned can be misinterpreted.
- Be aware of how your driving may be perceived by others.
- Ensure you have your route print or manifest with you on the journey (store securely and keep confidential).
You Must NOT:
- Hug, hold, cuddle, tickle or have any unnecessary physical contact with passengers and never use physical force.
- Swear or make remarks that are personal, sexual, racist or could be judged to be offensive or inappropriate in any way.
- Smoke at any time while on duty. This includes e-cigarettes and vape pens
- Use a mobile phone while driving.
- Give passengers sweets, drinks, gifts, cards or letters.
- Send text messages or engage in conversations on social media with passengers.
- Engage in phone conversations with passengers that are not related to the transport you have been asked to carry out.
- Accept gifts / money from passengers.
- Exchange personal details or contact numbers with passengers for use other than for transport arrangements.
- Offer or accept friendships with passengers on social network sites.
- Search through passenger’s bags and personal belongings.
- Film or take photos of passengers
- Deviate from the route or accept instructions from anyone other than the Traffic Co-ordinator at South West Coaches or the emergency services.
Passengers Code of Conduct
- Smoking and using e-cigarettes and vape pens is not permitted at any time while on the vehicle.
- Alcohol must not be consumed at any time while on the vehicle.
- No food is to be consumed at any time while on the vehicle.
- Soft drinks can be consumed on the vehicle, but all cans and bottles must be removed by the passenger when exiting the vehicle.
- Passengers must remain seated all times.
- Passengers must be in possession of a valid pass to travel. This pass must be shown on all journeys. Failure to produce a pass may result in a refusal to allow travel.
- Make sure you are at the bus stop in plenty of time for the scheduled bus arrival
You Must NOT:
- Swear or make remarks that are personal, sexual, racist or could be judged to be offensive in any way.
- Standing up while the vehicle is in motion.
- Be verbally or physically abusive to the driver.
- Be verbally or physically abusive to other passengers.
- Damage any part of the vehicle including seatbelts.
- Write graffiti anywhere on the vehicle