FANTASTIC GCSE RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED AT YEOVIL COLLEGE
What an incredible achievement!
Yeovil College have announced positive GCSE results following a return to students sitting full examinations for the first time since the pandemic began. Yeovil College have achieved a pass rate of 100% for English and Maths and 96% pass rate for all ages. GCSE English continues to be a strong hold for adults, with 83% of entries achieving a grade four or above, the equivalent to an old grade C.
When compared to the last time that full examinations were taken prior to the pandemic in 18/19, Yeovil College has maintained a pass rate of the same level for adults and 16-18 year olds sitting both GCSE Maths and English. The strong trend of Yeovil College outperforming the vast majority of other institutions, has continued. This year, Yeovil College has again exceeded the national benchmark for GCSE English high grades, described by the Government’s National Achievement Rates Tables (NARTS), and has remained in line with 16-18 GCSE Maths high grades.
Yeovil College is proud to report the following GCSE results highlights:
- 96% pass rate in English and Maths for all ages.
- 100% pass rate in English and Maths for adult learners.
- 83% achievement rate for adults achieving a grade 4 or above cohort.
- 96% pass rate in Maths for 16-18 year olds, which is a 10% increase on the last time full examinations were taken.
- 96% pass rate in English for 16-18 year olds, which is a 10% increase on the last time full examinations were taken.
- High grades (9-4) in GCSE English continues to be above the national average for 16-18 year olds (last published NARTS).
- High grades (9-4) in GCSE Maths remains in line with the national average for 16-18 year olds (last published NARTS).
- Highest grade was a 9 (A* equivalent).
Matthew Wilkinson, Curriculum Area Manager, reflected: “Following two years of GCSE exam uncertainty, today is a day of redemption for learners who received low Teacher Assessed Grades during the pandemic to prove that they have what it takes to achieve. Students who have achieved with us today will be thanking the staff who supported them through this last year. I am particularly proud of our learners who have persevered in order to achieve their GCSE grades and I am also grateful to my team of English and Maths lecturers who have supported learners tirelessly throughout this academic year.”
Bethany Lister, 19, received both her GCSE Maths and English results today, achieving a 4 in both, which has allowed her to secure her dream of progressing to study social science. Bethany described her time at Yeovil College as ‘brilliant’ with excellent support, guidance and motivation from the teaching team’, whilst her mum and dad stated: “We are extremely proud of Bethany; she has work exceptionally hard, committing many hours of her time and she has achieved the results to truly deserves.”
Yeovil College is currently conducting assessments for GCSE English, Maths, Functional Skills and English Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) programmes to ensure that young people and adults will study their qualifications at the right level.
For more information, contact Yeovil College at iZone@yeovil.ac.uk or visit www.yeovil.ac.uk.