What is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a real job with real training, which allows trainees to earn while they learn, as well as gain a nationally recognised qualification. Apprenticeships will open up a career with prospects of promotion and progression.
What is involved?
Apprenticeship training combines workplace experience with training to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers are looking for in your chosen career. You will be employed and undertake training with your employer and at the College, where appropriate. If you are not yet employed, we can even help you find an employer. Our Apprenticeship Coordinators will work intensively with you to help find your ideal job and get you ready for it.
- Earn a wage
- Receive relevant industry training
- Gain recognised qualifications from Level 2 right up to Level 6
- Gain on-the-job training and a valuable new skill set
- Get paid holiday
As a new Apprentice (within the first year of training), the minimum hourly rate is £3.90 per hour rising to £4.15 in April 2020. However, you will avoid any educational debt as your qualification is payed for. Many employers prefer to pay more than the minimum apprenticeship wage.Learn more
Can anyone become an Apprentice?
The majority of people can become an apprentice. You must:
- Be 16 years of age or over;
- Not be in full-time education (or available to move from full-time education to an apprenticeship);
- Be living in the UK.
Simple as that… It’s perfect if you are leaving school, seeking to start a new career or moving into a new role with your existing employer!
And let’s bust the myth – there is no such thing as being too old to be an apprentice. Apprentices can be any age and at any stage of their career, earning any salary. Apprenticeships really are for everyone.
Why Choose Us?
- We work with over 1,000 employers, meaning we will be able to find you an employer that you will love;
- 97% of Yeovil College Apprentices remain with their employer or are promoted after their Apprenticeship has finished;
- Over 700 people started an Apprenticeship at Yeovil College last academic year.
- We have around 30 vacancies at any one time;
- We have one of the widest ranges of different Apprenticeships in South Somerset, meaning more choice for you.
We have a huge range of apprenticeships on offer, and we’re confident that we can suit all career aspirations:Our offer
Check out all our current vacancies right here on our website! If you are looking for something different or are after more information get in contact with our friendly Apprenticeship team on 01935 845392 or via email@example.com who will be able to help you find your dream Apprenticeship.
LEWIS TROTT, LED WESTLANDS SPORT AND FITNESS APPRENTICE AT YEOVIL COLLEGE