We are extremely excited to welcome you to the Yeovil College Careers HUB. Here you can find out about all the brilliant work we do to prepare you for the work place. At Yeovil College we have made a significant investment into establishing a strong Careers team, who will challenge and inspire our students to make the most of the wide range of opportunities available to them. We offer a careers programme, which gives our learners the chance to engage with employers and the ‘World of Work’, supporting learners to make informed decisions about their next steps. We aim to raise learners’ aspirations and to be ambitious, as well as supporting them to maximise their potential.
Careers Advice and Guidance:
The Yeovil College team is committed to ensuring that our learners are ready for the next steps on their career journey. We work closely with The Heart of the Southwest Careers and Enterprise Company to ensure that we are meeting the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career GuidanceLearn more
Introduction from Donna Short, Director of Curriculum & Yeovil College Careers lead:
Industry Placements and Work Experience:
The YC Career Hub team is a dedicated team to support learners with their placements ensuring that learners have an opportunity to try out potential careers pathways and learn skills and knowledge in the workplace environment.Learn more
See what our students had to say:
I now look forward to getting up and coming to work. I am hoping to progress into a professional, office based role and am looking forward to gain life experience through being in the work place. I am excited to bring a teenagers perspective to making the NHS more digital.”
Our students will:
- Improve their employability
- Develop skills relevant to their
- Gain a greater insight into their
- Receive personal coaching and
mentoring from an established manager.
- Why not check out the online Career Pilot. It has been designed to help you map out your career pathway and options, which will in turn help you reach your career aspirations. Visit the page today – https://www.careerpilot.org.uk/
We will look at:
- Job opportunities, careers and job
roles you are interested in
- Potential earnings for your dream job
- Current job opportunities in Somerset
- Education and training offered by
Yeovil College to help you secure
your dream job
- A CV support tool.