Yeovil College Information Evening (October 7th)
Thursday 7 October 2021
Yeovil College is an exceptionally high performing college, recognised within the top 10% of the country for its achievement rates. Find out why on October 7th.
We have the highest ambition for ourselves, for our students and for our wider community, and we live and breathe a position of ‘only our best is good enough.’ With our eyes firmly on the future, we are focused on improving opportunities across South Somerset and North and West Dorset and our relentless approach is having huge impact; we are changing lives.
This is our first information event of the academic year and essential for all those thinking about their next steps, whether that is options beyond Year 11 (post-16), progression into university and for adults thinking about a career-changing qualification.
During this event, you will discover your options and choices around A Levels, T Levels, Apprenticeships, Vocational qualifications, degree-level study and professional or leisure qualifications. This will be your first opportunity to view our significantly re-developed and re-designed campus, including our UK leading technology, equipment and facilities, our Institute of Technology spaces (WEIoT), our innovative, state-of-the art Health, Education and Science Centre (launching September 2021) and our ambitious vision for the rest of the campus. Our campus, drive and desire is to create a 21st century learning experience unrivalled in our local area.
To maintain everyone’s safety we have set the event up to only allow a certain amount of people through our doors at a certain time. Therefore please make sure you book an arrival time. This time slot is just for your arrival time, once you are on campus you can stay for the duration of the event. Booking for this event is essential.
Why will Yeovil College work for you?
• We are invested in reshaping and redesigning our full campus to create a hub of technological innovation and excellence (estimated at around £30m+).
• We are ranked as the number one college in South Somerset for 16-18 year old achievement, for the second consecutive year, which places us in the top 10% nationally (source: DfE 2020).
• A Level success is strong with 100% achievement for the sixth year running; 100% pass rate in every subject; 84% of subjects achieved A*-C grades; 30% of students achieved A*-A.
• University progression is positive with many of our students progressing to Russell Group Universities, including Oxbridge.
• We boast an unrivalled learner experience with a clear line of sight to careers, which is supported by our business community.
• We had a new T Level qualifications in September 2021 with pathways in Childcare, Education, Health, Science and Digital, with Construction, Engineering and Automotive Engineering from 2022. There are an additional three curriculum areas joining T Levels from Sept 2022.
• We are part of the West of England Institute of Technology (IoT) and the only Centre in South Somerset.
• Our University Centre offers a local and flexible option for students who do not wish to travel, yet still want to achieve a degree-level qualification, awarded by our partners at the University of Gloucestershire, University of Plymouth and Pearson.
Deciding on your next steps is both exciting and important, in equal measure, as this will guide your future career, whilst opening doors to some careers and closing it to others, and we are here to help make the decision easier by helping you make the right decision for you and your future career plan.